Strayer CIS 109 Introduction to Management Information Systems
Final Term Paper: A Key Concept in Information Systems
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points, Paper is 14 pages 2987 words
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research one concept in information systems that you have studied in this course. You may select a topic of your choice or you may use one of the following:
• Computer literacy and information literacy
• Using information systems and information technologies / management information systems
• Data warehouses
• Personal, legal, ethical, and organizational issues of information systems
• Protecting information resources
• risks associated with information technologies
• computer and network security
• security threats / measures & enforcement / comprehensive security guidelines
• Mobile and wireless networks / security
• Convergence of voice, video, and data
• New trends: the Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 eras
• e-Commerce / B2B e-Commerce / mobile and voice-based e-Commerce
• Global information systems
• Building successful information systems
• Enterprise systems
• Management support systems
• Intelligent information systems
• Emerging trends, technologies, and applications
Write a four to five page paper in which you:
• Present an overview of the origin and history of the concept that you have chosen.
• Describe one current use of the concept that you have chosen. Include at least two examples of such use in individuals, organizations, and / or governments to support your response.
• Discuss common attitudes toward the concept. Next, discuss your own attitudes toward the concept in question. Justify your response.
• Explain the fundamental strengths and weaknesses—or the advantages and disadvantages—of the concept that you have chosen. Justify your response.
• Describe the prevailing view that experts hold about the likely future of the concept in question. Include the views of at least three experts to support your response.
Download Now(sent via email)
Discuss the fundamental advantages and disadvantages of using software as a
service (SaaS) within organizations
The customer does not need to be concerned about whether software is current.
Information systems (IS) personnel time is freed up to focus on applications (such as
customer relationship management and financial information systems) that are
more strategically important to
Software development costs are spread over several customers, so vendors can
absorb some expenses
of software development and develop more improved software.
Generally, users must accept applications as provided by ASPs; software customized
to users’ needs is not offered.
Because the organization has less control over how applications are developed,
there is the
risk that applications might not fully meet the organization’s needs.
Integration with the customer’s other applications and systems might be
Next. give your opinion as to why SaaS has become a common delivery model for
many business applications.
1. There are less compatibility issues
2. Software and data are portable
3. Web-based collaboration tools assist with sharing files, getting feedback, and
provide financial management services
According to the textbook. most experts believe that securitv is a concern when
using a cloud computing platform. and users play an important role in its success.
Imagine that you have been asked to provide suggestions for an organization that
is planning to acquire a cloud computing provider. Select one out of Gartner’s
seven cloud-computing security risks. as discussed in Chapter 14 of the
textbook. and suggest one way in which you would negative the chosen risk for
the organization for which you are working. Justify your response.
The 7 cloud computing security risks are: Privileged user access, Regulatory
compliance, Data location, Data segregation, Recovery, Investigative support, and
Long-term viability. The risk that I chose was privileged user access. If working for
the government, this risk is probably number 1! They would probably not want to
utilize a cloud computing platform even under a private setting. The risk of data
leakage is high even if the infrastructure is running on a private network.